Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM508 microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

yassin.kraouch

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sim508 schematic

hello ,
please help me i need to connect a microcontroller with a GPS/GPRS (the SIM508), i don't know how to connect it please helpe me :(
thanks

schematic sim508

thank you wp100 but i need to connect a SIM508 to a microcontroler,

sim508 at+gsm command

The module communicates to your microcontroller using an asynchronous serial communications channel (UART). You just need to connect the SIM508's TX line to your controllers RX line, and the 508's RX line to your controller's TX line.

Commands are sent as stinrgs that start with "AT" and end with a carriage return. You'll need to refer to the "AT Command" manual for details on the commands.

at command sim508

thanks you GSM Man for the help but there is some pins in the SIM508 that i don't know what to do with it, please if you have picture explain to me how to do it

how to connect gprs sim508

I don't have a schematic - which pins don't you know what to do with?

sim 508 schematic

hi i am vijay dhiman from india according to ur question that how i can connect gprs with controller
first of all it depend which micro which u r using if it has gprs port and all the pin which require for gprs u can use some modem example siemens mc55 this is very small portable device.
first of all configure ur controller with device
then initialize ur modem with IGT signal
it should be 500ms pulse width 150 ms high then 350 ms low 500 = 150+350
use at command for connecting gprs even u can use hyperterminal :D

sim508

thank you all but i don't there is two serial line in the GSM part and i don't know how to use it, and in the power consumption i find that the current is Imin=2A and Imax=3.1 A, is it possible for a small device to work with this current??

Salam...
I have some trouble for connecting sim508 gsm to microcontroller...
but when I connect it to Hyperterminal its work properly..
anybody can help me please

salem,
what is the trouble for connecting the microcontroller to the SIM 508?what is the problem??

Re: sim508 schematic

hi all
i have sim508 and i connect it to micro mega32 without MAX232 because the external pin is 5v and i recieve data but not correct data please help me:cry:
i work in baud rate=4800:cry:

Re: sim508 schematic

zourheb said:
hi all
i have sim508 and i connect it to micro mega32 without MAX232 because the external pin is 5v and i recieve data but not correct data please help me:cry:

Added after 1 minutes:

zourheb said:
zourheb said:
hi all

i could connect microcontroler to sim508

Status
Not open for further replies.