Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM508 EVB uart problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

susano

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all, i'm working on a positioning project, using a sim508 evaluation board(evb) and a simple board for an atmega32 micro controller. i have problem connecting these two together through usart(Rx and Tx pins):
both evb and avr board are working well independently (while testing with PC), but when i connect them(evb and board) together, there's no data transferred. even, in most cases, as soon as i connect the board to the evb, its gsm part turns off! and after disconnecting the board, it turns on again by itself!!!
i've checked all the connections(usart, power supply,etc.) and i programmed the avr micro as the gsm default baud rate(115200mbps);besides, both have the same input voltage level(5v),... can any one please help me with this strange problem which has involved me for several days?
the schematic of avr board has been attached.(an LCD and one mmc are used too)
thanks in advance for your help...

Attachments

• sch.JPG
    sch.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 69

Show better quality picture

Status
Not open for further replies.