Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM340DZ Beginner's questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

nesbit

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sim340dz

Hello,

I'm beginning a project which plans to use the SIM340DZ part. But I have a few technical questions.

1) The extra pads on the bottom (VBAT, GND, RXD, TXD, DB_TX, DB_RX, pwrkey), must these be connected? They are not shown in the recommended footprint.

2) Nancy at Fanwell has said the 300D and 340D parts are pin compatible. I've only found datasheet "SIM300DZ_HW_203", is this okay to use this to develop the hardware?

3) Do the pads for RF_GND get tied to the main ground pads, or are these intentionally separate and should only go to the antenna?

4) The SIM300DZ_HW_203 document references VDD_EXT. But I can only find this defined in the SIM300 (not D) documents. Is the meaning the same?

Any information would be very helpful. SIM300DZ_HW_203 attached for reference.

Thanks!

sim340dz datasheet

The extra pads are used in factory for testing purposes. I've used the RF GND connected to the same ground plane where are connected the other GND pins. No problem at all. I've tested the modem with a HP8922M+HP83220E, and all measurable parameters were within GSM specs.

/pisoiu

sim340d manual

Hi guys,

I have here also a SIM340DZ module but i just cant make the thing work!!! I am giving it power +4V, putting the PWRKEY to GND for 3 sec. but nothing...

On powering the module has a qurent cons. about 38mA, when conecting the pwrkey to GND the curent rises to 45mA and then back to 38mA.

Any idea would be great.

Thank you,

sim340dz

Hi tsakal2000

I've never test with SIM340D before but for SIM300 from simcom, the module will send RDY if configured to a fix baud rate. you can use AT+IPR=x:&W to a fix baud rate and save configuration to module's memory.
See AT+IPR AT Command.

prd

project sim340dz

Hello all.
Has anybody designed a printed circuit board for the simcom SIM340D? It's manual is quite bad about related mechanical specs
Bye

i am also using a sim34odz right now. i dont know how t interface it with microcotrller 16f877a.. i have some AT command list unfortunatley i dont know whta string commands to be used using MikroC software. could you please help me out??? thanx.. :)

Hi. Im also in trouble interfacing SIMCOM340D using PIC16F877a. My problem is the lever shifter. What is the correct schematic diagram for lever shifter to MCU that uses 5volts? Please help me.

hi,im working with this modem too, my problem is how to connect the modem with PC,with so many tries,i cant really connect it..please help me.thnaks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back