Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sim300DZ Antenna connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

m.waqas

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
i am designing schematic for sim300DZ GSM module.Please tell me how can i design schematic for antenna pad connector and impedence matching circuit.also i want to know about backup battery and charging circuit ,i am attatching my schematic for sim300DZ interface.

Thanx

hi
u can use antenna simbol on protel schematic (on protel DXP)

for charching :
sim300 has a charger circuit in itself
U just should connect a 3.7v (nickel m or c atleast 700mah) at vbat pin

Thanx sabeti for replying
sim300 has a charger circuit in itself
U just should connect a 3.7v (nickel m or c atleast 700mah) at vbat pin
actually i want to use a NiCd battery pack (3.6v,700mah),but the charger given inmodule is for Li ion battery.Can i use it for NiCd battery .If so simply connect battery pack to VBAT via a limiting resistor and 5v to CHG pin.
plz give ur comment

u can use antenna simbol on protel schematic (on protel DXP)
i'm using orcad.

m.waqas said:
actually i want to use a NiCd battery pack (3.6v,700mah),but the charger given inmodule is for Li ion battery.Can i use it for NiCd battery .If so simply connect battery pack to VBAT via a limiting resistor and 5v to CHG pin.
plz give ur comment
SIMCom does not recommend the use of any battery chemistry other than Lion as the voltages are not compatible with the module. You cannot use the SIM300 charger for any battery other then Lion as the charging requirements are different. Also, if you do use Lion bateries you must supply the VCHG input from a current-limited supply (600mA) or you may destroy the module.

m.waqas

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Also, if you do use Lion bateries you must supply the VCHG input from a current-limited supply (600mA) or you may destroy the module
it means i have to use a battery(5v,580mAh) also for VCHG pin.

here is my power supply circuit for SIM300DZ please mention if there is problem
i need 3.3v for PIC,5v for GPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back