Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM300 to receive sms using 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

anitha.rajakani

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I tried to receive SMS from sim300 using 8051 microcontroller with C programming.Iused the AT command,AT+CMGL="REC UNREAD". I did get the output and could display the message in LCD.But i failed to view the received sms in hyperterminal through the microcontroller.

could you please help me in TXD,RXD,GND pin connection between GSM,MIcrocontroller and PC serial port?
sample code to receive sms through microcontroller and view the data in hyperterminal window?

thanks in advance

view this topic

GSM/GPRS with micro controller (schematic + code)

I've attached my code to receive sms and display it to LCD.
this code has given me the output of parsing the following string and extracted only the message
+CMGL: "REC UNREAD","+61xxxxxx",,"04/08/28,22:26:29+40"

But i want the sms collected in the buffer to be sent to PC through hyperterminal from microcontroller.so help me with the code.I've sent the same buffer array to SBUFand couldn't receive it in hyperterminal.

what i've to change in hardware connection as well as in my code?
Please help

anitha.rajakani said:
I've attached my code to receive sms and display it to LCD.
this code has given me the output of parsing the following string and extracted only the message
+CMGL: "REC UNREAD","+61xxxxxx",,"04/08/28,22:26:29+40"

But i want the sms collected in the buffer to be sent to PC through hyperterminal from microcontroller.so help me with the code.I've sent the same buffer array to SBUFand couldn't receive it in hyperterminal.

what i've to change in hardware connection as well as in my code?
Please help

Hi Use these commands
AT
ATE0
AT&W
AT+CMGF=1
AT+CNMI=2,2,0,0,0
AT+CMGS=\"phonenumber\" // for sending sms

hi anitha.rajakani
i also have same to task to display received sms by sim300 gsm modem on lcd using arduino uno

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back