Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM300 AT# Commands Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

javani_saeid

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends

I have a SIM300 Module and am trying to Get files from an FTPServer

I have read many documents and threads that use AT commands with "#" such as "at#gprsmode=1"

but my module doesn't accept none of commands in this format!

whats the problem?

thanks guys

I have read many documents and threads that use AT commands with "#" such as "at#gprsmode=1"
Apparently no SIMCOM documents. There's no AT# command used by SIMCOM modems. You better refer to the SIMCOM manuals and application notes.

Reactions: tpetar

tpetar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Reactions: FvM

FvM

You are right, AT# commands are apparently provided as an extended interface to the TCP/IP stack. Curiously it's not mentioned in the basic Simcom TCP/IP documents.

I'm not sure if AT# commands are available for all Simcom GPRS modems, e.g. basic SIM300. Did you try to enable extended error messages? You should be able to distinguish between command unimplemented, syntax error and command not allowed at the present phase.

Reactions: tpetar

tpetar

Thanx for your attention dude

I read some docs and now know that my module (SIM300S) doesn't support AT# commands, So I can't use those commands

So, I tried to use just TCP/IP commands such as "AT+CIPMODE=1" but result is:

AT+CIPMODE?
+CIPMODE: 0
OK
AT+CIPMODE=1
ERROR

this means that I can get state of CIPMODE, but I'm not able to change it's state!

sorry for bothering you!
but my goal is to download files (with about 4MB size) from an FTP Server. Can you help me pls?

CIPMODE=1 may be unsupported by your SIM300. FTP transmission needs simultaneous connections of control and data port. I'm not sure if it's possible with SIM300 at all.

Tanx for your time

I almost gave up with AT commands

I switched to Plan B! (Dial-up GPRS with WinCE 6.0)
my processor is ARM11

but now I have another problem! Dialing-up just works with Hayes-Compatible on COM1
but my module is connected to COM2
how can I solve this problem?

Tanks alot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back