Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM card doesn't respond after sending ATR

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahulm

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sim card atr

Hi,

I'm working on a smart card interface driver that sends APDU commands to a SIM card
and receives data from the same. This interaction happens at ISO 7816-3 level. At the
moment, the driver resets the SIM card by sending RESET signal and the card responds
to the signal by sending following ATR:
3B 3F 11 00 80 69 AF 03 30 04 B4 01 00 00 0E 83 08 9F 16

After receiving ATR, I set clock frequency of the interface device accordingly and transmit
an APDU command. But my problem is:
I never ever receive response from the SIM card post ATR.

Unfortunately, there's no technical manual provided with the card. I've tried some random
commands used in other cards in vain. I was hoping that the card will at least respond with
"invalid class/command" status bytes. There's absolutely no response from the card
post ATR. I would really appreciate if anybody can provide insight into this.

Thanks,
Rahul

atr sim card

rahulm said:
After receiving ATR, I set clock frequency of the interface device accordingly
what do you mean with "setting the clock frequency". There are only very rare occasions where you really change the frequency. Usually you do a PTS (protocol type selection) if this is shown in the ATR. Normally it's optional doing a PTS.
What exactly are you doing?

sim driver atr

Which kind of reader are you working with?
there is no requirements to change the frequency rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.