Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM 900d Interfacing with PIC 16f877

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZagiCultus

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys. im new to sim 900d module. i want it to interface with pic 16f877a for sending SMS. i do know hardware connections but confused a lot about coding instructions. Can anyone provide me with instruction set in C to configure SIM 900 d in sms mode(Just sending mode).im using a serial interface between controller and sim 900d.???????the SMS sent is to be dynamic. data is generated in the controller after some simple computations and then those 8bits are to be sent!!!!!!!!!

Refer to "sim900 AT Commands Manual". Google it and look in the sms toolkit section inside the manual.
Command for sending sms is:
"AT+CMGS" --->> details will be available in the manual.

yep i'm a little intouch with AT commands. the thing is do i have to send these commands via microcontroller turn by turn? and i want to send an integer of 8bits via SMS. can i send it altogether or bit by bit via for loop? in what form it will be received in SMS. binary or decimal? plz guide. can u provide me with sample code for sending SMS which i later on can edit to my requirement?

yep i'm a little intouch with AT commands. the thing is do i have to send these commands via microcontroller turn by turn? and i want to send an integer of 8bits via SMS. can i send it altogether or bit by bit via for loop? in what form it will be received in SMS. binary or decimal? plz guide. can u provide me with sample code for sending SMS which i later on can edit to my requirement?

Code:
void gsmSendSms(char *smsString, char *smsDestinationNo)
{
	        char str[40];	
		sprintf(str, "AT+CMGS=\"%s\"", smsDestinationNo);
	        UART0_sendstring(str);
                UART0_sendchar('\r');
		UART0_sendstring(smsString);  
		UART0_sendchar(0x1A);                             //ctrl+z		
}

Status
Not open for further replies.