Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Silver mica or NPO SMD capacitor for output network in Cass F amplifier where buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrid

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I make copy of RF (15MHz) 150W class F amplifier. with fifth order output network. In original output network is about 15pcs SMD 1210 Silver Mica capacitors 150 pF or less, all for voltage min 200V.
I was looking at the availability and cost of 1210 Silver Mica and found only this
2.56 euros for me not acceptable price.
SMD mica capacitors can buy from someone else for more reasonable prices?
Though holee mica capacitor 150pF buy for less than 0.5 euro.

The second idea is to use instead of silver mica ceramic with NPO dieletric. Both types have Precision + -5%. Temperature Coefficient: +-25ppm/C for Mica and +-30ppm/C for NPO. ESR may be worse at NPO. It's good idea?

Availability 200V 1210 SMD is not the best , substantially accessible size 1206.
What worsens sizes using 1206 instead of 1210?

Last edited:

Through hole Silver Mica buy for 0,5$/pcs, but I need SMD.

I tried to compare characteristics of SM and NPO 100pF
Q, Z, ESR
100pF 500V Silver Mica is Red
100pF 200V NPO 500V Samsung CL31C101JGFNNN is green
TC is +-25ppc/C SM, +-30ppc/C for NPO
Tolerance +-5% both.

C F.png

Unfortunately I can not say how it all reflected in the output network of class F amplifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.