Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

signal received by a node j in wsn

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmayna

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I want to know what is the formula of received signal by node j separed by distance d from a source i in wsn.
sometimes I find this formula: yij=hij * x+nij
in another yij=sqrt(p * gamma)* hij*x+nij ; where p is the source transmit power and gamma is the pathloss

another formula is yij=sqrt(p) * hij * x+nij ; where p is the source transmit power

I'm confused please can someone help me , thanks.

They are all valid for analysis purposes. Usually, if you say that x has normalized power, then you include sqrt(p), such that the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) is P/N, where N is the noise power. Some like to make it more practical by including the pathloss, but I think unless the analysis is about the pathloss, and shadowing effect, it's not necessary to be included. It's just a scaled factor in RF channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.