Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

signal integrity & emi emc

Status
Not open for further replies.

er_r_karthik

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
iam a beginer in pcb design & i want to know what does signal integrity, emi & emc are really mean. What are their effects in a pcb? can i have some clear documents about these terms in the web

hai

see from www.ultracad.com for som articles about cross talk, emc , signal integration. it is very good site.

bye

Added after 27 seconds:

hai

see from www.ultracad.com for som articles about cross talk, emc , signal integration. it is very good site.

bye

Hi,

Pcb Design made simple by Walter c Bossart will be the best book for Beginners.

Regards

Rame

Hi

To make it simple

SIGNAL INTEGRITY : Signal Integrity is how a system affects itself. Signal Integrity is the ability of a signal to generate correct responses in a circuit. A signal with good signal integrity has digital levels at required voltage levels at required times.

EMC : Electromagnetic Compatibility, interactions with the environment. It results from the antenna properties of transmission line ( such as cable, package pin or route).

you may read some book about hign speed digital design

One of the best resources for signal integrity and emi/emc is the following text:

High-Speed Digital Design "a handbook of black magic" by Dr. Howard Johnson.

If you work with EEs who already have high-speed design experience, it is likely that one of them has this text. In that case, ask if you can borrow it. Otherwise, you can also check out Dr. Johnsons web site. It's very useful and you can submit questions directly to Dr. Johnson...

http://www.sigcon.com/

Hope this helps.

U can try this link

there are good book named

Signal Integrity - Simplified
By Eric Bogatin

Publisher : Prentice Hall PTR
Pub Date : September 15, 2003
ISBN : 0-13-066946-6
Pages : 608

Signal Integrity Issues and PCB Design - Douglas Brooks is a good one for beginners. its available at edaboard.com

Rame said:
Hi,

Pcb Design made simple by Walter c Bossart will be the best book for Beginners.

Regards

Rame

Do you have an electronic copy of that book? If yes, please upload,
I'm not a PCB beginner :D but i need the book anyway..

Thanks,
Ahmad,

hi
i want a coding for signal integrity effects in coplaner waveguide

---------- Post added at 09:45 ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 ----------

hi
i want a matlab coding for signal integrity effects in coplaner waveguide

Signal Integrity deals that how much healthy a signal is being received at the destination.
EMI lectomgnetic interferance. Interference of transmisiion sgnals with your system. or study of system with respect to antenna both transmission and reception properties.
EMC is elecromagnetic compatibility. working on system to get compatible with the environment. i.e. no signal transmission (such as magnetic filed cuopling) disturbs the surroundigs of you system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back