Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Signal analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epontes

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all..
Imagine.. you have to know if a helicopter vhf transmitter is working and you have just an oscilloscope..
the transmitter range is between 108 MHz and 136 MHz. Than you set the frequency on the transmitter and have to use an this osciloscope to know if transmitter is transmitting the same frequency you have set and its parameters..
How to use this oscilloscope to pick the signal up and analyze?
thanks

Solution
I've been using NooElec RTL-SDR, but there are many others. URH (Universal Radio Hacker) is a popular SDR sofware.
If the oscilloscope has sufficent bandwidth, you should be at least able to see a transmitter antenna output by simply attaching a wire oscilloscope input and bringing it near to the antenna. You can estimate transmitter operation frequency.

To measure the frequency exactly and view the modulation, you better use a cheap DVBT USB stick and free SDR software. You seem to send at FM broadcast and aviation radio frequencies, no good idea. Don't be surprized if you see a detector van near your house.

Last edited:

Epontes

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for attention.. I’m gonna do it, do you have any indication about this sdr software and dvtb stick?

I've been using NooElec RTL-SDR, but there are many others. URH (Universal Radio Hacker) is a popular SDR sofware.

Epontes

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back