Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sigma-Delta modulator Simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dd2001

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sigma delta modulator simulation

Where to start to simulate this funny circuits, how to put it into HSpice? Any suggestions? Please help!

Thanks.

sigma delta modulator spice

i think i didn't get your msg... but if it is really as you write so what you should do is just: drow your schematic circuit as it is on HSpice and connect your components.. then satrt semulation...

what is important to know is that star or delta connection can not be present w/t being inside circuit... and all termenals are connected to some thing!!

sigma delta wandler spice

You can also try Matlab if you are just interested in the simulation of the Delta Sigma Modulator, It is very good for simulation of Communication s Circiuts..

delta modulation simulation

but for matlab ,the simulation is not the truth .you can simulate the system with matlab ,but block with hspice

sigma delta modulator site:edaboard.com

for complex systems like sigma-delta modulator, simulation starts with system level (block level) with ideal blocks like gain and switches, for finding some block specs like op amp gain. usually system level sim. is done in matlab/simulink; simulink is simpler but slower but matlab codes are much faster-speed is essential for parameter sweeping for optimum design.
after finding some block specs it is possible to use more accurate models like switch resistance, clock overlaps, opamp bandwidth and slew rate in the same environment i.e. matlab/simulink.

if system level is successful, with the block specs known, u can design each block (like opamp and comparators) seprately with spice and in transistor level, finally using this blocks u can simulate all of the modulator.

NOTE: Before full transistor level sim. usually a semi-transistor level simulation is necessary with some blocks(opamp and cmparator) in transistor level and others like switches and clocks in system level i.e. ideal switches and pulse voltage source as clocks; this simulation is done in spice.

BEST!

delta sigma spice

Hi

You can read this article with some schematics :

**broken link removed**

Hi have also simulated this schematic on pspice :

board level sigma delta

Have anyone use matlab simulation sigmal_delta , and use co_sim tool
simulation sigmaDelta A/D ( modulator + digital filter )
or RTL filter code

sigma delta modulation code

interesting

/ Warning #1 - No thanks or useless posts at elektroda! /

matlab model for sigma delta

this is realy good matlab delta sigma sim code. it's not specifically for modulator, but should be good starting point...enjoy!

/ File deleted. Download link in next post /

delta modulator excel

rntsay said:
this is realy good matlab delta sigma sim code. it's not specifically for modulator, but should be good starting point...enjoy!

you can legaly download it at:
hxxp://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=19&objectType=FILE

x -> t

sigma delta+smash

Consider also to use excel to simulate the time discrete behaviour of the SigmaDelta. The 2 dimensional presentation and that you can look at all internal states gives you very good feedback. Limit cycles, startup, all the ugly stuff of SigmaDelta could be seen there. Limitation is the 65k FFT in excel.

sigma delta full schematic, hspice code

as I know , many analog design use C for delta_sigma modulator
and someone use matlab(simulink) design delta_sigma recently..
but it is idea case condition ..
and I know a tool called "smash " dolphin provide a mix mode simulation
maybe sometime we can use mix mode tool simulation whole chip
because deltaSigma AD need
1. frontend --> deltaSigma modulator , comparator ...
2. backend --> digital filter like SinC filter or guass filter
+ IIR/FIR by verilog code
complete deltaSigma ADC need mix mode tool for whole chip design

sigma delta modulator site:edaboard.com

in the matlab ,you should not use simlink ,but write the code yourself fot the speed .
you need get parameter of the capacitor
and amplifier

sigma delta modulator matlab

dd2001 said:
Where to start to simulate this funny circuits, how to put it into HSpice? Any suggestions? Please help!

Thanks.

Re: delta sigma spice

hi can you please help me with the second order sigma delta modulators in hspice ... need to code it in hspice to simulate it in synopsis.. can u send me more schematics if u have please.... which u have tried or .. so.. please in need of it urgently..
thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back