Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sigma Delta Modulator in Matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

engrMunna

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi. I am trying to find a transfer function for a 2nd order sigma delta modulator using the sigma delta tool box in matlab.
using the following code

ntfo =synthesizeNTF(2,512,2,1.5,0) %%%synthesizeNTF(order,osr,optimization,Hinf,f0);
[ABCDc,tdac2] = realizeNTF_ct( ntfo, 'FB', tdac);
[Ac Bc Cc Dc] = partitionABCD(ABCDc);
sys_c = ss(Ac,Bc,Cc,Dc);
sysf = tf(sys_c)

the output that I get is

Transfer function from input 1 to output:
------
s^2

Transfer function from input 2 to output:
-0.6667 s - 0.2164
------------------
s^2

What I dont understand is what does it mean by input 1 and input 2 ? why are there two inputs ? is the second input the quantization noise? please help thanks

i need some example model to plot the output code vs input analog voltage in matlab. OSR 128, Vref 2.9 , Nbits = 16

it will be really helpful if u have some example.

hello,

specs mentioned below:

DSM Type ; LP
- Input Frequency --- DC input for the time being
- Center frequency of DSM if you choose BP-DSM.----- NA
- Order of DSM ---- order 1
- OSR = 128

i was able to model 1st order integrator in matlab ( not using simulink as i m asked not to use it for time being) and got step response for output code vs input DC analog voltage.
i have set one flag for offset , and thus i get two set of values of output codes wrt to analog input... for eg one set of values when i enable offset and when i disable offset. Now my question is how to plot error plot which generally comes in saw tooth manner.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back