Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sigma delta DAC design

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitgrace

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dac design vhdl language

dear all:
I will design 16-bit sigma delta DAC ? Does anyone have any experince ?
can giveme some suggestion ? Can give me some example for this filed or web -ste , Thanks

Hi mitgrace,

1- First,You should inderstand the sigma delta technic, it is very important for low fréquency applications
2- Then if you are interrested to design the digital part, you can start by simulate the classic architecture of ΣΔ modulator with Matlab tools, after that you can describ this architecture with VHDL language
3- If you are interrested to design the analog part, you should choose a good architecture ( Switeched current or Switeched Capacitor) , sizing there companent and Simulate it on CADENC

Hope that help you

SD modulator may be very easy or rather sophisticated, depending on your requirements. A first order system, that is suitable for a lot of DAC applications, e. g. is easy. I think, it could be designed even without understanding the principle, but it's certainly better, to consult a textbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back