Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Siemens C35 DTMF and RS232

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slemi

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

does anybody know how to connect Siemens C35 (or A35, M35) so that I could use both serial communication (RS232) and audio (MIC input and PHONES output)?

Thanks!

P.S.: I need link to the page, because I don't have enough points to download anything.

The siemens C35 connector has both serial port and audio pins. But serial port is 3.3V logic level. TO connect to PC, you will have to use some level convertor.

Search google for C35 connector pin, you will get some answer. I have the pin diagram but you dont want to download.

Slemi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The problem is that, when I use RS232 I can't use audio and vice versa. Any idea?

Are you sure you are not disturbing the voltage levels. Frankly I have never used the audio pins on mobile. I have used the RS232 pins without any problem.

If I use just RS232 I have no problem, it work OK to me too.

What I want to do is make calls an answering calls with microcontroller, but also at the same time I would like to make sounds with microcontroller and this sounds I want to hear on the other phone. It's for measuring temperature, and by using some data flash I can store phonems and play them to hear what temperature it is. I tryed to use booth serial and audio, but it looks to me, that when I make connections on connector that makes audio output on connector, I short circuit the RS232 lines, and this is the problem, so I'm asking if anybody knows how to connect to make booth (audio and serial) communications possible.

Hi Slemi,

I am using the configuration you need without problems on the "old" Siemens phones pleas see the attached schematics (only audi part).

hope this helps and best regards

I'll try using this together with serial pins and I'll see what will happen. Thanks for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.