Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIC algorithm for MIMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

vkekk

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sic algorithm

How to find Strongest signal from the received vector( because received vector , r = Hs + n where n = noise ) in Sucessive interfernce cancellation algorithm for MIMO system.

In simple form, calculate the power of each vector and select the max.

In simple form, calculate the power of each vector and select the max.

Suppose the power of vector is less than Noise power , then how to calculate the strongest vector

Anybody help on the above doubt ....

Yes u r right, but I just wrote in simple form ...
In practical situation, noise in all channels are calculated in every cycle. Therefor the receiver can distinct between very low signal in noise and high power signal in noise.

Can you please tell more about , how the receiver can distinct between very low signal in noise and high power signal in noise.

This information i require urgently....

Hi,

Iam waiting for your reply for the Same..

Hi,

i assume that the received vector you have is signal at receiver input.

The very first thing that is necessary for the receiver is synchronization - basically receiver should know the strongest path.

There should be some kind of sinchronisation info available in the telecom system - preamble, midamble, pilot channel or pilot subcarriers. A correlation should be run on received signal against sinchronization pattern. The correlation peak would give the strongest path. For MIMO system correlation must be performed for each branch separately.

If there is no correlation, then the signal is too weak, i.e. below receiver sensitivity level.

if u multiply the conjugate of H into the received signal, autematically the disired signal will be the strongest and overcome the others. this is a simple Maximum Likelihood detector. but there are various detection method

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back