Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SI analysis of nanometer interconnects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello mailgvenkat,

For Intrconnet SI Analysis, you need to you good EM simulator & RLCK-Extraction tools along with Transient (Spice) and Frequency Domain (Harmonic Balance)Circuit Simulators ...

Such very good environment is AWR SI Design Suite or Analog Office...
which has HSPIC, Harmonic Balance, EM Simulator with Integrated layout & Extractinon tools...

See the below mentioned presentation it is excellent one...
http://www.appwave.com/support/training/webinars.html
http://genesys.on24.com/r.htm?e=16270&s=1&k=95564502EE8F6BF3A6196FEBA9D9EA82

1) Advanced Interconnect Modeling Technology in Microwave Office(R) and Analog Office
Overview
Accurate interconnect modeling is critical at board, package, and chip levels. Traditional interconnect models have shortcomings that can lead to serious errors in the prediction of system performance. In this seminar, the attendee will see a number of advanced interconnect models to overcome the limitations of traditional methods. Topics include: Inet™ technology, X models, and electromagnetic simulation technology as applied to interconnect models.

2) Signal Integrity Modeling of High Speed Analog Nets: Cross-Domain Simulation at the Chip, Package, and Board Levels

Overview
It is important that the behavior of the critical analog nets be accurately predicted as the chip, package, and board are being designed. The designer is faced with the task of a "cross-domain“ modeling problem, where the interconnect must be designed in different technologies concurrently. In this seminar, I show a specific example of an output signal from a power amplifer going from the chip, through bondwires onto the package, and then to the system board. The designer corrects for package mismatches by placing a capacitor on the board. Simulations incorporate the effects of the entire path. The example will be used to demonstrate layout and simulation in cross-domain technologies and the proper configuration of the setup files.

http://event.on24.com/eventRegistra...ww.appwave.com/support/training/webinars.html

I hope this helps you...

---manju---

dear sir,

thankyou for your quick response.But i couldn't download the presentation slides from the link provided by you.

would you please give me some links regarding this topic?...
also i request you to give me some suggestions(procedure) to do my project?...i also have no clear idea of how to proceed further?....

wht is the exact software tool/package for analysing SI in nanometer range?.....how can i be able to get it from the internet?.....please guide me sir....

Anticipating your reply.......

with regards,
Venkat.G

hi venkat,
use cadence software for your design

Hello gokul,

Cadence!!! which tools they have N number of tools?
And they don't provide complete solution in a single tool or environment..
They sell each feature of a peticular EDA tool as a different / add on tool or solution...in most of the cases it is aquired from other companies it is not developed in-house...
So their is lot of technology GAP to address nanometer solutions...

---manju---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back