Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Should i accept the offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

givensoo

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a graduate student from china.Now a company gives me an offer.The job is mainly about anolog&digital mixed verification.I am not sure about the job is good for my career or not.Because,i prefer design much better.
So would anyone could say about that?If i took the job,what will i turn to be in a few years?Is it hard to change to design again?Thx you all :)

It's depend on your interest and knowledge. There are still some changes if you want to do design some years later. Layout knowledge is necessary for analog designer.

If you need a work immediatly, take it for the meanwhile but don't stop looking around.

verification is a challenging job when compared to designing. Take it.....

zhongdg said:
It's depend on your interest and knowledge. There are still some changes if you want to do design some years later. Layout knowledge is necessary for analog designer.

i have some experience about RFIC design,for example lna、mixex and pll. And all the blocks are taped out.

Added after 3 minutes:

preetham.soni said:
verification is a challenging job when compared to designing. Take it.....

thank you preetham.soni,would you give more details? :) coz i really have no idea about this

area.

How about the PLL's performace? Do you have analog layout experience? If yes, why not find a design job directly? Please do not decide to accept this job immedieatly and try to find another chance.

zhongdg said:
How about the PLL's performace? Do you have analog layout experience? If yes, why not find a design job directly? Please do not decide to accept this job immedieatly and try to find another chance.

yes,i have analog layout experience,but now the compny can't offer a design job for it has too many people in this area.

Maybe you can take it and try to look forward another chance. Is there no other company in this area?

Better go for it verification is a challenging job...

All the Best

KUSHAGRA

Mixed signal verification is challaging job, but I think it is better to find a job which you like, then enjoy it. I think it is different form design.

Good luck

I like mixed signal verification, but i am concerned about the future career prospects. I hear ppl telling that rtl verification has become a commodity(lot of ppl in rtl verification), is that true of mixed signal verification? will mixed signal verification introduce you to system issues (will it give a broad picture of the whole design?) or is it narrow in scope like analog design? I would like to hear from ppl already in mixed signal verification.

zhongdg said:
Maybe you can take it and try to look forward another chance. Is there no other company in this area?

There are few,but now i have taken the offer and try to find another chance.

Sorry to say this but nearly everobody has experience in pll, lna etc ane calls him/her self designer.
Today those blocks are fashionable to make at university but trust me it is quite different from real product.

all kinds of perfect statements, go over it quietly:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back