Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

should be a simple op amp question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberblak

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I need to design a signal amplificator with the following specs :

input signal : 0mV - 100mV
output signal : 0mV - 3V (not inverted)

The input signal comes from a shunt resistor that monitors a current.

I know how to do this, but I have the following constraints :

- use only 1 opamp
- no negative supply (the amp should be single supply)
- 0 should be a true zero (most rail to rail opamps still can't go to 0)

Any ideas?

I thought of adding a small bias to the input signal so that the output wouldn't need to go to zero (this is the main issue right now). I can remove this offset by software later. Is it a good idea and how to do this?

Thanks all

cyberblak

you can use TLC272 which it's output voltage include zero [ in non-inverting configuration mode ].
Or use Rail to rail op-amp.

If your supply is to be connected to one side of shunt - there will be problem you mentioned (you can try to use capasitor based DC DC converter , even simple RS232 driver can suffice for you - some of those have converted voltage outputs , or other specifically designed for this purpose converters) , but if not - make a virtual ground for opamp via 2 resistors and capasitor and connect it to one side of shunt .

Status
Not open for further replies.