Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shift register interfacing with pic micro controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

varunme

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Anybody help me with a PIC micro shift register schematic ? ,
How can we make the PWM in the output from the shift register ?
I have to interface so many LEDs and sensors to my PIC , so I have to use a multiplexer and the intensity also to be controlled

how many LEDs? had a similar project proposal several years ago with 10000 LEDs
built a prototype with each LED color and intensity controlled by a PIC16 using PWM - data was shifted into the the PIC16s by a PIC32

what you exactly need please tell more
it will help others to answer in this threads

I want to make , PWM controlled light's prototype , which switch on and off after 6pm , when someone is there, it should glow at 100%, otherwise it should be 50%.

---------- Post added at 23:49 ---------- Previous post was at 23:47 ----------

want to interface 15 LEDs .

if all the LEDs are the same intensity you could use a single microcontroller using PWM with a drive circuit of the required power for the LEDs

what is the power of the LEDs?

But its like in a street light , if a person comes near it the LED glows its full bright , means i have to control each seperately
7W LEDs

How many PWM pins , the 16F877a have ?

the 16F877a has 2 PWM, see
PIC16F877A

some PIC16s have more, you can see the PIC16 family on
PIC16 MCU - Product Family - 8-bit Microcontrollers

click on the device link to see full details

in addition to using hardware PWM you can drive digital IO pins using a software PWM algorithm (as in the days before microcontrollers had hardware PWM)

can we get a single chip PWMs other than ucs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back