Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sharp GP2Y0D340K digital sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarang

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
gp2y0d340k

Hey guys i am going to use sharp's GP2Y0D340K digital sensor for my robot to detect an obstacle before certain distance. since it gives digital output, there will be no need for ADC.
From the data sheet of the sensor i found out the to change the range of the sensor an extra circuitry is needed to adjust it.
Do anyone have some idea about how do i change the range of this sensor?

thanx

tarang said:
From the data sheet of the sensor i found out the to change the range of the sensor an extra circuitry is needed to adjust it.
I found the datasheet for this sensor through google, but I couldn't find the place where this external circuit is mentioned. Could you post an excerpt from the datasheet or post a link to the datasheet and a page number?

it is written under the Feature, page 1.

(Adjustable within the range of 10 to 60cm [optionally available])

I saw on one of the website where they said that you can build an external circuitry to adjust the range.

Well, I don't know the direct answer to you question, because I haven't worked with GP2Y0D340K. But I'd like to invite your question to a group dedicated to sensors: **broken link removed**. May be somebody in the group knows the answer.

thank you kender for your time.

i posted this question in lot of forums but no one has any idea about it. i think this was more easier than the other quarries people post about. anyways lets see if the link that u gave worksout the solution or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back