Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

shape of a transformer - designing a transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokerx

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi. can anyone please tell me what geometrys can a transformer have: i know it have square or rectangle or toroid...
but what im asking if there is more. if so. what is best..toroid?, which has higher efficiency and all that kind of information.
thanks in advance

hi. can anyone please tell me what geometrys can a transformer have: i know it have square or rectangle or toroid...
but what im asking if there is more. if so. what is best..toroid?, which has higher efficiency and all that kind of information.
thanks in advance

I understand your question, but answer will be very wide and extensive, because that I suggest to see what dselec give you to read and search edaboard and Internet for more info.

For trafo many parameters are important, shape is one of them (torus have one of best efficiency up to 95%) EI, UI, frequency (HF 25KHz or LF 50Hz), weight is important (what will be used alu, copper wires), what type and material for core, mono phase or three phase, trafo for audio......

**broken link removed**

to be honest. im more interested in: square, rectangle and toroid. which wiki doesnt say much about..its some useless information..what im thinking of is more: advantages and disadvantages compared, to efficiency and cost and why :/ thnks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back