Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Several questions about 0.13um process

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDF

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Do the device modeling model the gate leakage current?
Which model format is used, BISM 3.3 or BISM 4?

i think it dependes vrey much on the technology (the fab)..
usualy the gate leak is modeled and usualy BSIM3v3 is used.... this is for an IBM fab...
do you have a design manual for you tech?

Not 100% sure but BSIM 3.3 should model gate leakge. Note that in HSPICE it will not show in the OP statement listing - you will have to place 0 voltage source in series with gate voltage to measure it. BTW: in 0.13 gate leakage is not that big but already significant for some applications - like LPF for low jitter PLL.

no bsim 3v3 not model the gate leakage. only bsim4 have model for gate leakage. i think you should consider reading bsim4 manual. you might get something from it. as far as i know, 0.13µ is modeled using bsim3v3. 90nm process and below might use bsim4 since at that process gate leakage may has significant impact to circuit performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back