Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

seven segment display

Status
Not open for further replies.

dayal

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,

i am using 4 seven segment display along with 8051 microcontroller, and i am using port 0 for display, how i can display 4 digit value instantely,using Embedded c program ,now i can display single 7 segment display only for one digit,using 74LS145 AND 74LS245, would like to display multiple digit at time,,can anyone help me.

Hi
u should use a shift register fir every seven segment then shift your data to them.

Added after 3 minutes:

and u can use your decoder with 4 parallel registers every time u should select one of the registers with your decoder and put your data from port 0 to that register.in this way connect port 0 to every register.

This condition refers to dynamic displaying. the display step is like this:
1. for one time, you can select one seven segment, and put your digit to it, then wait for a moment (< 0.1/4 s)
2.and then, you can select another seven segment, and do the same thing as the first one.
3. repeat the same operation for the remain two.
4. After 3, repeat the hole step from 1 to 3. and Loop.

Ryan

Hai

Check this out

here you can find all you want

**broken link removed**

Regards
Nandhu

Status
Not open for further replies.