Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Setups for doing CPW in HFSS or Momentum ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CPW

Thanks Ananth for the CPW tutorial it is very informative.

Added after 5 minutes:

Hi everybody,

This pdf has theoretical information and parameters for CPW design and many other Microwave devices. Hope it is helpful.

Added after 6 minutes:

Here is the link to that file I promised.

This is one I put together it is CPW with a ground. I really would recommend using a lumped element port much better for this kind of design.

I think it's quite important to assure the same voltage in both ground planes.

I think you do this by making sure that the waveport edge intersects both ground planes.

CPW

This is very helpful. Thanks to all!

CPW

@ADS_RFMW: Could you upload a CPW and GCPW project?

Re: coplanar waveguide/ppt

Added after 2 minutes:

Dear Ananth,

I am new for HFSS. I got one question for you. I got CPW line for both port 1 and port 2. So Should I draw the integration line just from signal to gnd for both ports? If I draw the waveport perpendicular to CPW plane, where my integration line should be? SHould that be on top of the rectangular of waveport where is intersect with the CPW line?

Also how to simulate the ports only?

If anyone else know the answer, please help me.

Thanks,

bbatud

[/quote]

ananth said:
Hey Abuantenna,
You were right when you said you just draw a rectangle and assign a waveport to it. Just be dure to define the integration line from the CPW to the ground plane. Obviously, the port is going to be perpendicular to the plane of the CPW and you know the approximate sizes of the edges of the port.
I had another suggestion. Before you hit the analyze button for the whole structure, do simulate the ports first and see if the port impedances are what you need in your structure.

I've never used CST and hence wouldn't know what you're talking about! :)

Ananth.

Re: coplanar waveguide/ppt

bbatud said:
Added after 2 minutes:

Dear Ananth,

I am new for HFSS. I got one question for you. I got CPW line for both port 1 and port 2. So Should I draw the integration line just from signal to gnd for both ports? If I draw the waveport perpendicular to CPW plane, where my integration line should be? SHould that be on top of the rectangular of waveport where is intersect with the CPW line?

Also how to simulate the ports only?

If anyone else know the answer, please help me.

Thanks,

bbatud

ananth said:
Hey Abuantenna,
You were right when you said you just draw a rectangle and assign a waveport to it. Just be dure to define the integration line from the CPW to the ground plane. Obviously, the port is going to be perpendicular to the plane of the CPW and you know the approximate sizes of the edges of the port.
I had another suggestion. Before you hit the analyze button for the whole structure, do simulate the ports first and see if the port impedances are what you need in your structure.

I've never used CST and hence wouldn't know what you're talking about! :)

Ananth.
the integration line could be from ground plane to center conductor

hello i am designing a CPW Band pass filter for 30 Ghz but i am getting very absurd result . Can anybody help me out in this i will be more than happy

hi any body have CPW tutorial for CST?

thanks

problem in finding radiation pattern for CPW fed UWB antenna

We are working on a project- 'ultrawideband antenna with multiresonant split-ring loops'. The feed is coplanar waveguide feed. Could you tell us, how to find the radiation pattern for CPW fed UWB antenna?

hi
the radiation pattern of CPW like other antenna in hfss and have no differ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back