Not open for further replies.

saidutt

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i have to develop an circuit.which takes (25v dc)/ 1 amp of current as input and multiples the the voltage by 2 and make it up to (50v dc)/1 amp of current (it should be variable). so please help me out.
thank you

Hi Said,
Sorry, nobody can help you, because its inpossible to make from 25V/1A 50V/1A :-(
Thes should be a "perpetum mobile"...
K.

saidutt

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
saidutt said:
have to develop a circuit.which takes (25v dc) /1 amp // and make it up to (50v dc) /1 amp //
You can only get the same power out of such a circuit (minus inefficiency losses) so 25W input means ca. 20W output, which is 50v x 0,4 amp.
First change de DC into AC with some kind of oscillator , then rectify the AC with a voltage doubler or tripler (capacitors and diodes or a coil and a Fet switch).
Or use a 1:2 transformer and a rectifier to get DC.
You can regulate the output DC by coupling a signal back to your first oscillator (to halt it temporarily) or with a linear regulator in the output circuit.
Find a book about the subject, there are so many.
Good luck, At.

saidutt

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi Said,
Sorry, but I dont understand the selected system with a 24V step-down transformer & a voltage doubler to 48V + an LM5118 switcher! If your input is DC, cou can not transform it!
If you makes a switcher/bridge to have some alternating/pulse wave to transformation, you must make it, as best way, at same time with a switcher, as the, from you selected, LM5158!
These makes all "needed jobs" for you & from the nominell +25V DC input! So you will have the simplest & good solution.
Refer pls to the datasheet! https://www.national.com/ds/LM/LM5118.pdf]
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…