Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Setting Constraints in tcl file for cone

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarfaraz.ahmed

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

can anyone help how to set Constraints of fanin and then save that cone ? actually, I traverse back from my output to input and I want to list all gates comes under that output cone ?
Is there any setting in tcl file then please share here. I below show the tcl file which i write but I think something is missing for making the proper cone.

Code:
## Define the search path
set_attribute lib_search_path /home/sarfaraz.ahmed/techlib/FreePDK45/osu_soc/lib/source/signalstorm/files/

## This defines the library to use
set_attribute library gscl45nm.lib

## Read in verilog cod
read_hdl /home/sarfaraz.ahmed/RC/top.v

# This command to exclude the cell
set_attribute avoid true FAX1 XOR* OR* XNOR* NOR* HAX1 OAI* AOI* AND* BUF* MUX* 

#set_attribute preserve true NAND2X1

## This creates a technology-independent schematic
elaborate

##set_attribute avoid true
## Create a technology-dependent schematic
synthesize -to_mapped

## Write out synthesized verilog netlist
write -mapped > top_synth.v

## Write out the SDC file we will take into the place n route tool
write_sdc > ./encounter/top_synth.sdc

## setting constraints for cone of n_1 output
dc::all_fanin -to n_1
Thanking in the anticipation

a) your sample script is not setting any constraint other then some dont_use cells
b) I don't understand what you are trying to do. you want a list of timing paths? how is this related to fanins or fanouts? why don't you list paths using report_timing -from xxx -to xxx???

Thanks.

Actually I want to see all instance which are fanin of my 1st output let say. It gives the result by the command :

rc:/> dc::all_fanin -to g118/B -only_cells

when this command run on terminal It lists all instances for example in that case it gives:

"/designs/FA/instances_comb/g118 /designs/FA/instances_comb/g124 /designs/FA/instances_comb/g119 /designs/FA/instances_comb/g121 /designs/FA/instances_comb/g127 /designs/FA/instances_comb/g125

this result is fine with me but now two things which I want to ask:

1- When I write this command in tcl script it does not shows the result in terminal window and also don't make instances log, but when i run this command on rc prompt it shows above result (list of all instances). So How I get its log where I can see these all instance ? because I want to save these instances to use in another MATLAB script. But I couldn't find a way to save or log these instances
Capture3.PNG

2- If I want to make its a part of my tcl script how can I see all the instances in log as well as on terminal window ?

see an attachment please.

Thank you

Even, I used redirect commands on rc prompt but its create only empty file. It does not copy the instance on file. Please look into attachment.
Capture6.PNG

how would I save these cells in a file ? even it creates "gates.rep" but only empty.

Thanks

save the content into a TCL list, then echo that list to a file using the redirection operator >>

should work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back