Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

set_clock_uncertainty does not affect IO timing analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

mongrainjr

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
set_clock_uncertainity

I use: set_clock_uncertainty 0.4 [get_ports CLK_PIN]

in DC and Primetime. When I write the timing report I see the 0.4ns is taken into account in the Flop-to-flop analysis. However, It is not taken into acount in the Flop-to-PAD analysis.

The set_clock_uncertainty is use to emulate the skew but also the Jitter on the clock. In a Flop-to-PAD analysis we need to take into account Jitter. Is there a way to emulate teh Jitter for Flop-to-PAD analysis ?

set_clock_uncertainty

set_clock_uncertainity is for skew. As per my knowledge clock jitter effect will be

specified in set_clock_latency.

io timing analysis

you must take account clock insertion delay for analysis of IO timing.

to over-constrain boundary logic, margin should be added to input delay and output delay, clock uncertainty don't represent margin.

set_clock_uncertainty jitter

I think the uncertainty means jitter, the delay from Flop to PAD is calculated in output_delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back