Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Servo with Spring mass damper system

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnybgood

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to investigate some tight control on an open loop modelling of a servo motor linked with a spring mass damper system.
The linkage with spring mass damper is stable with a counterbalance on the other side. The aim is to shift the mass of the s-m-d
system and eliminate oscillations as much as possible. Diagram is attached.

I need some similar example so I can follow it to derive the state space equations. Obviously the transfer functions of each separate
system is not a problem but I have some trouble deriving the state space equation of the cascaded systems.

Later I need to simulate with simulink and impliment a PID to obtain a certain over shoot and settling time.

servo_control.png

I would really appreciate your help. thanks

Once converting the torque to the linear displacement on the shock absorver and the spring. The eq should not be complicated.
But I think that this system is nonlinear (because of sin theta) and you will have to linearize the resulting model for small variations in angle theta.

Status
Not open for further replies.