Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Servo Positioning Algorithms

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,
What're other positioning algorithms than trapezoidal positioning? And what're differences between them?

SERVO algos

I guys i'm also VERY,VERY INTERESTED IN THIS TOPIC . I designed a magnetic card last year .. i used a steper motor for the head (more like a floppy). And i would like to improved with a new servo design .. I would also appreciate any information on any IP !

Hello,

I think you are talking about velocity profiles. Trapezoidal profile is used when you can reach your maximum intended speed. You accelerate in a linear fashion, move at constant speed and then deccelerate. Triangular is the same thing, but when you have a very high programmed speed or a very shot increment of position. In this case you have to begin decceleration before you reach max speed.
Other profiles are used. Second and 3rd order parabolic are the most usefull. Secon order is energy eficient and 3rd order can null acceleration discontinuities, wich is important if you need a very smooth movement.

Best regards

Simply to say
Trapezoidal profile used when a long distance
while Triangular for a short one.

Status
Not open for further replies.