Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Servo motor control using matlab(through parallel port)

Status
Not open for further replies.

assu

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ASSALAM O ALAIKUM,
I am working on my university project that is to control the direction of servo motor using Matlab though parallel port.
Now i am confused, for a couple of days i am searching over the web to directly control the servo by parallel port and failed to found one, all most probably use sort of controller or pic to control the servo.
so is their any probability to control the servo directly by parallel port generating 1ms, 1.5ms and 2ms pulses to control servo's direction?
Along with it i will be using uln 2003 buffer ic to gain good output and then connected it to servo's signal.
IF their is a possibility i would like to know that how should i do it, means i know that servo motor receives a signal over a 20ms pulse and then decodes it to follow the direction, so the basic idea behind that is when a user press R from the keyboard the servo moves right and vice-versa , so in order to do that i would only have to generate the required pulse in the if condition or something else?

REGARDS

Attachments

• servo_pwm.gif
    servo_pwm.gif
    4.6 KB · Views: 92

have you seen the MATLAB data acquisition toolbox
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.