Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Servo Motor and Drive compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrabMan

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Is it possible to mix a different brands of ac servo motor and servo drive. I have a pretty obsolete servo motor from Nikki Denso Actus power 7.5KW rated at 120VAC.
The drive installed malfunctioned and now we have to replace the drive. The motor is running in position control mode in sync with another same motor. Both motors are installed on a flat-bed conveyor's two different ends, one is pushing and other is pulling. So my question is that can I configure a Mecapion or OMRON's AC servo drive on this motor? I dont want to change the motor because then "maybe" i will also have to change the other motor and drive too because of load sharing issues.

Any input will be helpful

Cheers
CrabMan

If the specification of new motors are matching with old motor and the controller can also be changed to same pulse generation and operation sequence and timing that you are looking for....I don't see any problem....as you mentioned that your motor is 7.5 Kw ....it appers to have realy good amount of investment that you need to do.... In my view you need to get the demo from new motor vendors with speed/ position control ( desired for your work), adjustment facilities with if possible load that you are looking for.... Because many cases the torque speed charactersitics matters a lot in such kind of replacement....

Good Luck....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back