Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

server and client apllication

Status
Not open for further replies.

wajahat

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone, i want to develop an application with details as follows

1 send data from gsm/gprs modem to server which saves the data
2 clients can access this server using internet

my question is how and in which language this server application will be develpoed.
what would be its characteristics?

If i am sendind a simple signal e.g sine wave and i want it to be displayed at the client side ,in what format i will send the data or the client will extract the data from server and use its own application to convert this data into picture which is to be displayed.

Any response inthis regard would be helpful.
regards
wajahat.

1 send data from gsm/gprs modem to server which saves the data
Send data via gsm and send data via gprs modem is totally two different things!

You need SMS-Internet Gateway if use SMS, but with GPRS you can direct send data to Internet Server

2 clients can access this server using internet
this one is very easy, build a Web Server and each client can access data easyly thru hyper text transfer protocol

my question is how and in which language this server application will be develpoed.
what would be its characteristics?
Server side application can be build with ASP, ASPX, PHP and so on, GSM-Internet Gateway use Delphi, dot NET and so on

wajahat

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi Wajahat

Would you specify the requirements with more details.
I suppose the system will consist of one server application running on a PC and multiple clients that will connect to the server through GPRS.
The clients can be embedded devices or PC applications using GPRS modem for internet access.
Also it's important to know what data do you want to transfer, how much is it, do you have to send it in real time, or you may store it first in some memory buffer.

SuperUser said:
Hi Wajahat

Would you specify the requirements with more details.
I suppose the system will consist of one server application running on a PC and multiple clients that will connect to the server through GPRS.
The clients can be embedded devices or PC applications using GPRS modem for internet access.
Also it's important to know what data do you want to transfer, how much is it, do you have to send it in real time, or you may store it first in some memory buffer.

Thnx alot for the answer, well i have broken down the entire task into modules, the first part is the development of an application that connects to internet from J2ME, the second part 'll be the development of an application that can store the data sent in a data base, ( for the first part we ll host the application on a j2me supportive server) finally the third part ll be the development of an application that can display the transmitted information, it can be a website also developed in J2ME, we can also develop an application that we can download in a mobile, for providing mobility to the doctor. Now, kindly tell me how can i develop an application that connects to the server's database and store the ECG signals sent, as far as realtime is concerned, then i would say our data ll be accessed and transmitted on need basis, it ll also include realtime. I hope u ll help me. take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.