Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

serial programming on proteus - max232 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolverine123

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
max232 problem

hey guys i was trying to simulate serial programming on proteus and tried to send a character, i added a virtual terminal at the beginning before passing through max232 and i could see the character fine... but after passing through the max232 i never got the same character again... like if sent 'A' i would get '_' after passing through max232.... can anyone please help :S

Re: max232 problem

No one can answer your question without your circuit

Check your circuit twice. Only possible problem is with the circuit

Nandhu

max232 problem

Remember that the Max effectively inverts your signal. You need to send it through another Max

The following pic shows the text being transmitted fine

but the following after passing through max232 shows something else

But if it's getting inverted then i wont see the desired output when i attach a serial cable and test the output in hyperterminal????

max232 problem

the vterm in ISIS has to be inverted to connect a mx232 in simulation... have you selected to invert RXD and TXD in the vterm properties??? maybe that's the problem...

I know this very old thread, but I want to put the answer there just incase anyone look for it.
Right click on the virtual terminal, edit properties, change from normal to inverts.

Status
Not open for further replies.