Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial Port to 3.3v conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

picforall007

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,
I want to convert my serial port to 3.3v (all pins) I can't use 3.3v zener diodes because its a final product and I have to maintain quality. Any dedicated ICs are available.

Thank you.

From datasheet
Wide Power Supply Range . . . . . . . Single +3V to +5.5V

Unfortunately serial port voltage level is between -12v to +12v and hence I can't use that.

Thank u.

picforall007 said:
From datasheet
Wide Power Supply Range . . . . . . . Single +3V to +5.5V

Unfortunately serial port voltage level is between -12v to +12v and hence I can't use that.

Thank u.

You misunderstood it. The powersupply is +3V to 5.5V. As this is a level converter the input voltage may be higher than _12V to +12V. I think it suits your requirement

Nandhu

nandhu015 said:
You misunderstood it. The powersupply is +3V to 5.5V. As this is a level converter the input voltage may be higher than _12V to +12V. I think it suits your requirement
Nandhu

Yes that is correct. You can run this on both 3 volt and 5 volt systems to convert RS232 signals into TTL signals.

Wide Power Supply Range . . . . . . . Single +3V to +5.5....
Hi,
Its absolutely usual a (supply/signal level)range of function so to specify: "Single +3V to +5.5V" or even "RS232 between -12v to +12v"...
These means not other as the supply voltage has to be between +3 and +5V (any value)!
For RS232 conversion it will accept on the inputs a signal level between -12V and +12V(practically any amplitude)!
In practicum most RS232 Transceiver ICs dont deliver an RS output of +/- 12V peak, but i.e. +/- 2V or so & they are as RS 232 system functional!
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back