Status
Not open for further replies.

digilog jr. ph

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i would like to make a project whose i can send an 8 bit output (8 on led lights on a circuit from a computer program such like visual basic and a like it will pass tru to an serial comms of the computer . is this possible?does my question understandable?

sample block diagram

visual basic > serial communication(or any communication port of the computer available preferred usb or serial) > circuitry w/th 8 bit led ready

if i send 50 the output on led will be 110010

i hoped sombody can help me

It is perfectly possible.
To receive the commands at peripheral side you can even build an microcontroled based hardware or only a based shift registrer circuit.

+++

ah i see , but what i should research for this like what convention keywords i should hit in the google for this interface,

how bout on the software side?
like in visual basic what i should added , like what codes?

thanks

i made my research i found an article this one

8-Bit Shift Register w/ title Using an 8-bit Serial-in/Parallel-out Shift Register it is right?

then i find i.c. with our local stores here in manila and i saw this one
https://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/74/74VHC595.pdf i hoped you have time to look on this and give me feedbacks thank you so much.

There :

Search criteria :
project+control+LED+by+serial+port+with+VB

+++

^^the link inthe url are not online anymore but thank you for replying:grin: atleast i know where to start ill post my project here before i ll mark this thread as solved:razz:

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…