Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial EEPROM Interfacing_Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

shabbirn

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,

Is it possible for a microcontroller (8051 core) to interface a Serial EEPROM instead of Paralled EEPROM for CODE memory.
Pls let me know, if any techniques are there for this..

Thanks in advance...

Just search EDABoard or see this :

How to Interface Serial EEPROM 24C02 with 8051 microcontroller (AT89C51)

Serial EEPROM Interfacing (AT24C08 with AT89C2051)
**broken link removed**

INTERFACING MICROCHIP SERIAL EEPROMS TO THE INTEL 8051 FAMILY OF MICROCONTROLLERS
**broken link removed**

Refer the links below-

**broken link removed**
https://www.keil.com/forum/3930/
https://www.codeforge.com/article/122896

Good Luck

Sir,
Thanks for your reply, I don't want to interface Serial EEPROM for data storage, but for code memory.
Suppose if I a limited on-chip ROM, and for having external EEPROM (CODE memory), is it possible to interface SERIAL EEPROM instead of parallel (to avoid using of address/data ports for memory).

- - - Updated - - -

Sir,
Thanks for your reply, I don't want to interface Serial EEPROM for data storage, but for code memory.
Suppose if I a limited on-chip ROM, and for having external EEPROM (CODE memory), is it possible to interface SERIAL EEPROM instead of parallel (to avoid using of address/data ports for memory).

You need add paralel RAM and copy that Serial EEPROM data to it. After copying is complete, jump/call it. Or just use IAP type microcontroller with the same steps with the first one. But if all of you did is aimed to update your firmware, using bootlaoder is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.