Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

serial communication between two PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

pd

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
serial communication between two computers

Hi!
I want to do a serial communication between a PC and an Oscilloscope with Windows in it.It has also got a serial port.
Can anybody help me on how to do that in C/C++/Perl/VB?
I would appreciate if a working code is explained as an example.
Thanks in advance!:D
-pd

download saxcomm6.ocx

use MSCOMM active x Control in VB.in MSDN they have example Programme

saxcomm6.ocx

o ,good

serial communication between two pcs

If you want connect 2 PC´s, you will need a serial cross cable ( named NULL MODEM cable ). It inverts pins 2 and 3, and flow control signals pins too.
Also, if you are using - for example - C++Builder or Delphi, it have some examples in the Web using Windows API.

+++

data communication between two pcs

Try it with Delphy. Use the comport utility.

how can i check the communication in two pc

you can search ADC0820 oscilloscope vc project , and you can use the mscom for creating pc communication between two pc.

serial comm between two computers

try it with labview VISA subvi.

:D

serial communication between two com ports

Hello !

You can use the " SaxComm6.ocx " for the serial communication between two PCs.

connection between two pc using visual c++

Take a look at the CPORT libraries. I think that they work in most compilers. I have used it with Delphi and Borland builder. Works well and has many features. Easy to use

http communication between two pc

Use Delphy with Comport component. It is very usefull and easy to use.

c programme to communicate between two computers

Hai
First Check the Serial Communication Between PC and Scope through Hyper Terminal in windows.If It's Working then We can easily Communicate through Vb.

Using Vb We can send and recive data in serial port easily.Using MsCOMM32 Activex Control.

By

R.Rajesh kumar

serial communication between 2 pc

The TeraTerm Pro source code is widely available.

Study it and you will be easily be able to not only solve your problems but those of others too !

communication between two computers using c code

hay all

i will give an idea
i use the serial port to control dot matrix desplay before
and you can mak small test on it by usingthe c languge
youmust have the MILINUM windows
and by using the port number instruction you can make amazing things
try and say hi

c coding serial between two pc

you can perform this connection using c\c++ using these instructions:

outp()
inp()

you shall have their prototype in c compiler help .

you only have to know the number of the serial port you are using .

you can know the number of the serial port from device manager .

you also need to know the baud rate of the transmitting/recieving com

communication between two pc

HELLO!!!!!!!!!

I am already interested on it . I use parallel port in c++ with outportb comand
with port address 378.

Port address for serial port may be 3F8. So can we use outportb with port
address 3F8. Would it work.

Let's try & let me know what happen.

seriel between 2 dos

that C++ compiler you use?

Because if it is in DOS if you have to work directly with their addresses and records, but if a version of C in visual mode you have to enter the port as a file and what type in the open and then close

how to do serial communication between two pc

look at this site

saxcomm6.ocx download

WinXP does not support user mode operation.
They handle all port securely so it is not possible to access port directly by addressing
in DOS by Borland c++ or others.So when I am using them to access parallel port have to download a driver and install them in system32.

Now is there any such driver available for serial port.Please some one upload it.

msdn serial receive buffer size

Hi , every body!

I'm taking a small example of communicating through RS232 using CMSComm. But it got me to trouble.

It seems that the receive buffer is never cleared when I use m_Comm.GetInput(). I can achieve the data sent to COM port but the receive buffer gonna be full and overflow. I try to catch out what's going on by adding a byteCounter and surprisingly, the total bytes I receive is exactly the size of the receive buffer.
That is, if buffer'size is 9192, I can get 9192 bytes only till I get a receive buffer overflow event. A AfxMessage is popped up for warning. Click OK then I can receive 9192 bytes more before I get another overflow event. ( so I think when AFxMessage is popped up, the buffer is cleared )

Does anybody know whu the buffer is not cleared when I read it and how to solve??? Because I'm sending a quite big file through COM port ( typically bigger than the reasonable buffer's size - up to 1MB )

Thanks in advance!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back