Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sentron PAC 4200 - burned power supply circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsp32

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I have a proble m with a burned power supply on SENTRON PAC 4200 by Siemens.
Unfortunatelly it was connected t0 230V AC while it was 22-65V AC model.

I already changed varistor K60 (it exploded) and capacitor from 80V/120uF to 100V/100uF.

Device still doesn't work. there is no AC voltage on the first or second site of transformer.
on the first side of transformer i have only 50V DC difference between 2 pairs of circuits when i supply device with 25V.

Does anyone knows what can be the problem? Maby somebody have a schematic plan or knowc what voltage or current should be on the second side of transformer so i could make a outside power supply?

It looks like a SMPS so first establish whether you have DC reaching the input capacitor (probably the 100uF you fitted). If DC is not reaching the first stage there will be no voltage no the transformers anyway. In most cases of massive overload, especially when the varistor has obviously dumped many Amps, there will be a burned out copper trace somewhere.

Brian.

DPA424 may be damaged too. It has 220 VDC absolute maximum rating. You can refer to DPA datasheet for typical circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.