Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sensor networking in ships and aircrafts

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhmhmh

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
Could you tell me is there any specific sensor network used in aircrafts (military and civil) and ships.

I don’t know if this is to simple but there is NMEA for instruments used in smaller boats, like sailing boats and stuff, simple RS232 only. There is also a new standard called NMEA2000 that builds on then can network, but it is not that much used yet.

Search the net, should be a lot of pages describing them.

regards Me

Aircrafts bus

Hi mhmhmh,

In aircrafts (military and civil) it's used the MIL-STD-1553B bus (based on a militar standar). The specification was developed in the 70's and is designed for fly-by-wire control of the aircraft.

Here there are a few documents..

Uups, I've uploaded two times the mil-std-1553b.pdf file...sorry

Hello. Thank you very much for your help.
I also find very interesting site - tutorial, about communication networks in trains: h**p://www.labs.it/rosin/tcncorso/tutindex.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back