Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sensitivity list of a process in VHDL - exact function

Status
Not open for further replies.

picko_again

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sensitivity list

I know that this may be a common question, but I've searched for a similar one asked before and I could'nt find any,
The question is : What exactly is the function of the sensitivity list of a process in VHDL?? ... I know that a process with a sensitivity list will be run once during simulation and then halts until a signal in the sensitivity list changes.. but I've synthesized a simple piece of code with and without the process's sensitivity list and the result schematic is the same !! so I wanted to know what the sensitivity list changes at the circuit level..

Sensitivity list

As far as i know, sensitivity does not change the hardware nor it infers a hardware. Its just a way to start evaluating a logic.

Hope it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back