Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sense amplifier in Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

antlhem

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am making a sense amplifier in Cadence but is not providing the right Vout. Every time I enable the sense amplifier does not change much, just outputting a voltage of 4.3V, which is very close to Vdd=5V. It suppose to output the difference of inputs multiplied by a gain (BL and NOT_BL) which are the bit lines in a memory, such as DRAM. I am attaching the diagrams I am following and the schematic and results from Cadence. Any advise on how to make the sense amplifier work correctly?
Cross-coupled sense amp diagrams from book.png

The following is the schematic from Cadence and results
Sense amp circuit with big tech not working.PNG
Sense amp results with big tech not working.PNG

Last edited:

Vout is expected to go to high level with BL > nBL. Why don't you apply opposite polarity or check nVout?

Not sure if you have set reasonable circuit parameters, but you should at least see a reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back