Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sending text to 89c51 from pc through rs-232

Status
Not open for further replies.

adityabvmk

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello...i want to send text which contains a series of strings into the 89c51 through rs232 from pc.can anyone please suggest the code in embedded c... i need to mention u that the text is from a text document generated by a speech to text converter software...please help me out in this....

but i have said that the text is from a word document generated by a speech to text converter software....is there any need to read the file using a c program and then send the data???

speech to text is an external device i feel.......... so the text you get has to be given to controller in some way... you can also send text file through serial communication. this file has to be stored in a array big enough to store the complete text file to be used by controller......

In cases where we use HM2007 for voice recognition the speech is converted to text and is given out as 8 bit data that is connected to controller 8 port pins....

if it is from pc then that data has to be read by the controller.....

thank u very much...can u please share the code for sending the text file to the controller.....i am sending the file from pc only....(through a software)

do a simple exercise.. create a text file and keep some 20 characters in it ansd save it as " .txt". (give some file name)

connect controller to PC and through hyperterminal, select transfer tab... and select send text file. select the text file and send it....

in controller receive the file in a array and read it and display it on LCD... try this and let me know..

thank u very much....i will try it and inform u...

You can check these two links with transmission from the PC (using c#) and receiving on the 8051 micro:

8051 uart: **broken link removed**
c# uart: **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back