Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sending sms using Nokia 3310 Via PIC16F877a

Status
Not open for further replies.

E11022

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
i need to use PIC16F877A to send sms with nokia 3310. I am now connecting PIC-MAx 232-Rs232 - Nokia 3310.
I just need people to guide me/share me on how to do the programming for the PIC to send the command, so that my Nokia 3310 will send sms .I knew Nokia 3310 is using Fbus and read gnokii page. But i cannot find any examples/programming codes on how Nokia 3310 able to send sms via PIC16f877a.

Thank you.

See the protocol, if not understand why refer only gnokii page, you should search more pages.
Don't aspect to get free programming, it's like spoon feeding.
I'm never interface handphone but only use GSM Modem that more easy.

Hi Papun, that page also created by me. The R2R concept is not working.

Hi engshahrul, it is not i dont want to do more research or want to get free coding. I researched day and night, but there is noone talking about C programming for Fbus/Nokia 3310,everyone is just saying referring to gnokii page.i understand the page, but i dont know to implement it via C programming.
Thanks

contains some discussion on F-Bus protocol. On their page you will find the following lines:--

The Nokia protocol has a series of commands that allow the user to make calls, send and get SMS messages and lots more. If you have not already go to The Linux Gnokii Project and download the source code. This group has excellent documentation on the commands used with different Nokia phones.

Thats why I recomended Gnokii Project.
It appears that the mentioned page dose not contain the source code now. See here Index of /download/gnokii for C code.

Go through the lines and convert the program as per your need. I think you will be able to do that.

Note:- I dont know your requirements. But some mobile phones can be used and programmed itself in place of a microcontroller.(depends totally upon application)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.