Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sending sms using 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankur1403

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi!!!
i am doing a hobby project of sending sms through a gsm modem(SIM300) using 8051(P89V51RD2) microcontroller.I managed to send sms from GSM modem through hypertermial.I also managed to send AT commands from the microcontroller to the hyperterminal.But when the microcontroller is connected to the modem nothing haapens.For handshaking pin 7&8(CTS RTS) and 1,4,6 are shorted.The baud rate for both is set at 9600.Can anybody plz help???

Hi , have you send sms successfuly by hyper terminal? what's your MCU sending msg program and hardware connection?
Maybe talk about it by email : microtaylor@163.com

This is the last warning to you... whatever help you need you extend in the forum.. dont give your mail- id and try to deviate the people from form.. next time we will be banning you without intimation.. this is not a message that is worth 2 helpful postings....

hi i m doing my final year project on intruder alarm with gsm i want your help can u plz send me the schematics of the circuit by which we can connect the gsm module sim300 with microcontroller 89C51 and pc and also the code because i m very bad i coding

you can send me the helping material . my mailing id is andleeb.irum@yahoo.com
reply as soon as possible

with regards
@bc

hii ankur... You are supposed to send AT followed by carriage return [0x0D]..Then you get reply from modem 'OK' with carriage return..

carriage return [0x0D]..Then you get reply from modem 'OK' with carriage return..

its modem specific and not generic.. some modems use "ENTER" (CR+LF).... and sim300 needs both control commands not only 0x0d........

---------- Post added at 18:01 ---------- Previous post was at 17:51 ----------

Ankur first search the forum, and then ask for help/// this topic has been discussed for years and repeatedly and solutions have been provided.... if you expect someone to give you code and circuit then its a wrong place....

post your code and corcuit what you have done till now and ask for specific help..........

---------- Post added at 18:02 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

Dont use any other pins except 2,3,5 ... make a cable with db9 connector and connect it.. if it does not work then exchange the connection of 2 and 3 at one end of cable.......

Status
Not open for further replies.