Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sending sms to mobile with database programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavulavu

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

i have to send sms to mobile with a database access.i need a vb6 program to send sms to mobile with ms access 2003 database access ,as about 10 phone numbers are stored in a databasetable .is this possible without any downloading of sms gate way???how will i do it?please help urgently...........

yes it is possibel with ssm gate way..

First you have to learn serial port interfacing.. I have done it for win98 but same doesnot works in win xp..
but there are many ways to do serial port interfacing in VB this is first step.

Second is you have get a GSM modem using your VB program you can send AT commands to GSM modem via serial port...
using AT commands you send and recieve sms and you do more also.. but not required for your project

and you have to learn Access interacing to vb using some database ADO connection

1. Download and install SMSLibX on your PC.
2. Download and install the example SMS database.
3. Install and connect your GSM modem (or phone) to your PC.
If you don't have a compatible GSM device, then you can use the simulation mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back