Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sending Large Images to HTML From Microcontroller Using Ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.

asmsystem

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using PIC 18F67J60 having Built in Ethernet Controller wit 10mbps speed. A Camera having serial interface is connected to the microcontroller. The images with size more than 50kb are able to load with the adjustable chunk (Packet) size from camera to microcontroller. I want to transfer these images over LAN through ethernet using HTML page. I have designed a page and successfully transferred and displayed to and in the web browser.
The image while tranferring from Camera to the ethernet buffer (8K) needs to be divided into chunks. But the web browser only shows the first 998bytes of image. How to transfer and display the full image in the browser ...if the image is loaded from microcontroller packet by packet of 1k?

The image while tranferring from Camera to the ethernet buffer (8K) needs to be divided into chunks. But the web browser only shows the first 998bytes of image. How to transfer and display the full image in the browser ...if the image is loaded from microcontroller packet by packet of 1k?

I don't know why you want to do such a thing, except to experiment?

How much memory does your PIC have? ONLY 128K OF FLASH MAXIMUM. 8K BUFFER AND 3808 BYTES OF SRAM DATA MEMORY.
You must send out all data even before the memory is full to make room for next packets. Do you see the entire image with your eyes? Then the browser is showing the entire image. It is up to you to organize those bytes in a way that the PIC can recognize.

Dan

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back