Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sending GPS data with GPRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtaCengiz

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

i have telit ge863-gps, and i need to send GPS data i got from the device with TCP/IP connection to my remote server.
I can get gps data and i can connect to server but i cant figure out, how can i store the gps data and send it after i connect to the server because when i connect to the server through TCP, i cant use at commands.

Here is my code

Code:
AT+CPIN = 1683
AT+CMEE=2
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet"
AT#USERID="ATA"
AT#PASSW="ATA"
AT#SD=1,0,7070,"asdasd.com"
Connect
(i cant write any at commands when this happens, it just sends it as text)
AT$GPSACP (i need to send the output of this command)

I think you are asking in a wrong place. You should have asked this in Microcontroller section.

Well I am not a pro in this field There is a Guy named CkShivaraman in this community can answer it well.

Few Questions...
1) does your modem have any facility to store and retrive user data?
If yes then it can be done else you can't do it.

2) Why not add a Microcontroller PIC/8051 ? is there any restriction?
If you add a simple microcontroller to your project who will oversee all the activity of your modem and GPS then things can be somewhat easy.

3) Does your card work in API mode ?
If yes then you may be able to achieve your goal through API programming ( Remote Possibility )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back