Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sending Data to PC using PIC18F4550 through USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

aforadi

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic18f4550 usb

Right so...What I am doing in my project is as follows:
1. I am using the LM35 temperature sensor and converting the analog output into digital using PIC's A/D
2. Then I want to send this output to the PC

Now here are my series of doubts after making lots of efforts on the internet and google.
1. How do I transfer the bits of the digital output which is produced by the A/D and stored in the ADRESH and ADDRESL registers?
2. Will it come out of a port serially?(Do I have to code it that way?)
3.How do I get the readings on the PC side in Hyper Terminal?

usb registers on pic18f4550

I suggest you download the Microchip USB Development Source. There are bootloaders, drivers and examples for all the types of implementation.And If you want to use Hyper Terminal you have to use the Virtual COM Port Driver.You have to do the following

(ADRESH<<8 )+ADREHL and transmit.All the leading compilers have USB HID Libraries which are easy to implement. I suggest you check out this out

http://www.sixca.com/eng/articles/usbdaq/index.html

Hope this helps you.If it does click the helped me button.

a2d+pic18f4550

what does (ADRESH<<8 )+ADREHL this do?

18f4550 usb send data

It combines the two ADC Register Values to form a single 10 bit value when reading. I think you should go with a C Compiler like CCS C or MikroC for its easy to use and contains the necessary header files. Or you could try the free C18 compiler although I have never used it.Tell me how it goes

lm35 + pic18f

Thnks for the info...Having completed this I now want to run this using bluetooth...So is it as simple as replacing the usb cable with usb bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.